At The Alderton, our main goal is to engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
Key Stage 2
Students perform, listen to, and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians. They learn to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music on their own and with others. They will explore how music is created, produced and communicated and use the terms: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure.
The main outcomes for children are to:
* play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts,
* improvise and compose music
* listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
* use and understand staff and other musical notations
* appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians
* develop an understanding of the history of music.
Pupils will be assessed termly on their music subject knowledge.
Miss Emma Hitchcock